Whether you are determined to increase the number of clients, gain support from employees, or influence your boss, these traits of highly successful people are sure to elevate your results.
Work to Develop these Traits of Highly Successful People Every Day!
Confidence – When you are confident, it’s contagious; others want what you have.
- Posture- sit up or stand straight (no slouching) to convey that your self-esteem is high.
- Eye contact – look people in the eye
- Affirmations- repeat your good qualities as you look in the mirror, remind yourself of your assets.
- Self-talk –choose to give yourself positive messages. Whether the message is positive or negative, we believe it.
- During a discovery phase with a prospect or team member, the confident person is comfortable asking questions.
Listening– Tips to help you practice this important trait:
- Focused listening -pay attention to how the speaker feels as they are talking. You’ll begin to notice their emotions, and respond accordingly with your facial expressions, tonality and words.
- Internal listening – note how you are feeling as you are listening. The emotions you feel will be conveyed to the speaker, and you’ll experience a budding relationship
Goal Oriented – Clarity on your expected outcome will inspire you to remain disciplined.
- Understand your ‘why’
- Understand the ‘why’ of the others with whom you are collaborating
- Write your goals, post them someplace you will see them and evaluate your progress and success.
- Remember the goals must be SMART: specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and have a timeframe
- Remember to choose an accountability partner to keep you on track and celebrate your success together
This is not a complete list of characteristics to generate success, although it’s a great starter list. I’d love to hear some of you. If I can help you achieve more, I’d love to have a conversation. email@example.com