Building Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn
You can build a personal brand on LinkedIn by carefully considering what you display in your LinkedIn profile. The way you connect with others will also have an impact (positive or negative!) on your brand.
Your LinkedIn profile is like a virtual business card. Make sure that you’re putting your best foot forward by:
- Making sure your background banner image is clear, concise and showcases your brand!
- Having a professional (or as close as possible) headshot that conveys trust and looks like you do!
- Writing your headline in a way that the reader can tell who you help, how you help them, the results you bring and the solutions you provide.
To build a positive, compelling personal brand on LinkedIn be smart about connections you make!
Don’t connect with just anyone on LinkedIn!
When looking for people to connect with ask:
- Are they a potential client, networking partner or strategic alliance partner?
- Do I know them?
- Do I have context to connect with them? Selling to them is NOT a context!
When reviewing invites you’ve received, ask?
- Do I know this person?
- Are they giving me a good reason to connect with them?
- Can they be a possible client, networking partner or strategic alliance partner?
- What is the context they are providing to connect with me?
Our mission at Social Sales Link is to transform the way business development professionals grow their business by leveraging the power of LinkedIn for social selling to start more sales conversations.
Building your personal brand on LinkedIn starts with being authentic and earning the right to have a sales conversation. If you’d like to learn more about how to convert connections to conversations through the power of LinkedIn, grab a “seat” in our Content Library.